Friday, November 20, 2015

Blackberry Banana Bread!!

I got 3 packages of blackberries from Sprouts this week.  They were on sale for .88 cents each!  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them but I knew I had to get them.  After looking at various recipes for muffins, cakes, and cobblers I stumbled upon this recipe for blueberry banana bread.   http://damndelicious.net/2012/06/23/buttermilk-banana-blueberry-bread/
The recipe sounded simple, which I liked.  I decided to try it out, substituting with blackberries of course.  I went according to the recipe except I added a little more then a cup of berries.  I didn't think a cup was enough :) Luckily I have been freezing any bananas we don't eat so I had a bag in the freezer ready to go.  I used my mini bread loaf pan and got 9 mini loaves.  They turned out delicious!  Just the right sweetness, fluffy, a hint of banana, and loads of berries.  K loved them so much, he wanted to eat all of them!   Give them a try! 

Look at all those blackberries!



No comments:

Post a Comment